Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nayo Watkins Presente!

Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:33:01 -0500
Subject: [altroots] Fwd: Nayo Watkins Presente!

Hello folks,
Like many, I have spent the day mourning Nayo's passing, and giving profound, deep thanks to the universe for putting her in my/our path, and for the wisdom she shared and showed. I thought you might like reading these words from an entirely different network of folks who loved Nayo too. I don't know the woman who wrote this, but I like knowing that all over the country, there are invisible lines of connection among so many of us. What might happen if all those lines became visible, shining and vibrating with the possibility of True Change?


Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:17:58 EST
Subject: Nayo Watkins Presente!

Dear Kathie:

Please read what a friend wrote who was with Nayo. Could you let others know?

Greetings of Love to All,

This e-mail is to let you know that our dear Sistah/friend/comrade/Warrior Queen Nayo Barbara Watkins (Mama Nayo) transitioned to her next great adventure on yesterday-- January 20 at about 4 p.m in the afternoon. I hope you can excuse me for using this medium of communication; however, it is the best for me at this moment.

Mama Nayo moved on with grace and beauty, particularly in light of her body having lung cancer; she never gasped for breath in the end. She just floated on out of this physical plane. I had the honor of coming to know her through the introduction of Quo Vadis when i came to Durham. I can say that it was/is a divine connection. One day i will tell the story of how through our brief yet profound relationship, she was so instrumental in my coming to the true meaning of trust.

When i become aware of the funeral arrangements i will share them with you. For now continue to lift her and her family in love and peace as they go through this life experience.

Giving Thanks,
Nana Anoa

"Nangare" (Yoruba: spread good)
NANGARE !!! "We are the ones we've been waiting for." (from June Jordan's "Poem for South African Women", ca. 1980)

No comments: